It seemed that as soon as this blog was started Ollie Bray had already tagged me in the “seven things you didn’t know about me” new year tagging game.
I try to avoid most ‘meme‘ but I thought as its Ollie and this is a new blog I’d play along. Of course I didn’t realise how hard this would be until I started trying to write some down.
So here goes, 7 things you probably hopefully didn’t know about me:
- In 2006 I ran the London Marathon in 4hours 0mins 37secs. I was officially the 9885th fastest man in London on that day, oh and just to make myself feel a little bit superior for about a second this also means I can complete a marathon 14 minutes faster than P Diddy.
- Having this game sent to me by Ollie reminded me that I some how managed to fail A-level Geography, in no small part to a ‘puppy-in-my-pocket’ and only scraped a D in Art with Art History. which didn’t seem to stop me from going on to study Art and Design at Bournemouth & Poole College.
- In my first job I was given Bravo TV as a client and had to art direct a photo shoot with 2 Page3 models. Which was nice.
- Having run 2 marathons and a number of half marathons, along with regularly swimming and cycling I’d love to complete a Triathlon. The chances of doing one any time soon seems slim though.
- When I was a kid, before wanting to become a graphic designer, I wanted to be a Countryside warden.
- I completed and won a Sunday Telegraph crossword competition when I was about 12. I won a book. I can’t remember which one (this is officially the lamest fact ever).
- When I was about 13 I sang live on stage with the Yetties in front of 1,000 people. If you’ve never heard of the Yetties (and if you live outside of Dorset, or have no interest in Folk music you most likely haven’t) they’re apparently England’s most popular folk group. Kind of like a poor mans Wurzels.
Having stumbled and fumbled my way through this (and really wishing I hadn’t bothered starting) its now my turn to tag 7 people. I pick:
- David Burton – Head of Innovation at Redweb
- Carl Martin – Account Executive at Redweb
- Andrew Moore – (another) Account Executive at Redweb
- Matt Goddard – Director of UX Media (because I don’t know him that well and it might be interesting)
- Will Smith (not that one) – Web Designer at Atelier Studios
- Ben Gribbin – freelance designer and podcaster
- Pedro – SQL Server geek and the catalyst that first lead to this blog
The baton has been passed. To be honest they may have dropped the baton already, but its out of my hands so I don’t care what they all do with it (although I probably will update this post if any of them do bother).